Monday 22 February 2010

In Spring, Sakura!

Second post for today... I'm still thinking in the proximity of Spring...

The cherry blossom ('Sakura' in Japanese), which in spring full prolifically every city in Japan only for one or two weeks, is one of their national symbols and represents for them the most pristine beauty as well as the impermanence of the ephemeral life. When reaches the flowering cherry's season, Japanese go for a walk or sit in the parks under the trees to watch it full of flowers. This is a beautiful custom called "Hanami" and is one of the most enjoyable I know.

This is what I'm talking about!



Today, with the advance of the Spring in my window, I made a new ATC based on the sketch no. 57 of Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, using origami paper with the image of Sakura and a representation of one of these flowers (although they are usually white) as the focal point of the card.


This is the original sketch. It looks so simple! But was more difficult to do than I thought.


Have a nice and crafty week!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

FANTASTIC!!!! We are still under feet of snow here!!! What wonderful thoughts of spring.

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card! I love the colors! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails