Friday 6 November 2009

Love my made-by-myself stuff!

Yes, I do. I really prefer to write in some notebook born from my hands and my heart, even imperfect, that write in some impersonal one made by some impersonal machine.
I’m so glad to present you today my latest creation in this field:


I made it in the easiest way: folding by half 20 sheets of A4 printing white paper, cutting an according piece of strong cardboard for the cover and stapling everything together. For decorate the cover, I used a piece of brown paper and a piece of fine origami paper (I love the contrast between the rough and the delicate), and the figure of a beautiful girl that I found in my soap envelope. And that’s it.




Tips:
-When you fold several sheets one inside the other, the outer border became irregular, so –and this is the hardest part-, you have to cut it. As I don’t have yet an ideal instrument for this like a paper cutter, I have to do it with my scissors, measuring the sheets one by one. Primitive, I know, but it works!
-For emphasize the flowers (if you don’t want it simple plane), put one drop of transparent liquid glue over each one.



Let me know if you make one of these, and how do you feel writing on it!

4 comments:

NTQVCA said...

Muchos puntos importantes:
1.- Una disculpa por comentarte en español, pero será lo mejor para expresar lo que quiero.
2.-Amo el papel, no tiene idea.
3.-Me declaro fiel admiradora de tu blog, en adelante por acá me tendras esperando tus posts.
4.- Tú hiciste todo lo publicado?
Te felicito.
Saludos

Pelusa said...

Hola NTQVCA!

No sabes cuanto me encanta tenerte por aca también!!
Ahí voy:
1. Esta bien que comentes en español. De hecho estoy pensando que, a pesar de que queria hacer este blog en ingles, podria postear también en nuestro idioma.
2. Otra fascinación que compartimos: el papel. Yo caigo rendida ante su versatilidad.
3. Sip, todo lo he hecho yo. Es la idea, postear mis propias creaciones solamente. Y trato de explicar mas o menos como las hago, por si hay algun lector arriesgado que quiera intentarlo también. Cualquier duda, por fa, no mas tienes que preguntar. (Todo menos el fondo del blog, que es una creación de Shabyblogs.com)
4. Pues bienvenida seas! Ya son dos a los que he logrado contagiar en este ataque de mi hemisferio derecho.

Me alegra que te guste este espacio. Por aquí pienso estar a menudo. A partir de ahora, creo, con ideas para Navidad.

Besos!!

Dinahsoar said...

This is a great idea..I think I will try it..I like it because it is simple yet fun and good looking.

Paloma Zubieta López said...

Aquí se anexa la tercera víctima de la empresa papelística... ¡Pelusa! Hace rato te comentaba de mi fascinación por las libretas que uso como diarios y venga, te encuentro aquí una maravillosa. En fin, ya iré cómo irme organizando porque voy a entrarle también... Nuevo propósito de año nuevo, jeje. Besitos, chicas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails